Learn how to keep your kids safe from predators. After reviewing all the statistical information and the signs and symptoms of how to spot abuse. This program is how we begin the process of stopping abuse. We learn how to be stewards for our children. A steward is defined as someone who looks after and is responsible for... It is time that we become Stewards to all Children. It takes a Village and Louisiana Royal Hearts is that Village.
This video is a general introduction to the informational and CEU classes given several times a year.
Using the 5 Steps to Protecting Our Children™ as a framework, Stewards of Children® is a two-hour training that teaches adults practical actions to prevent child sexual abuse or intervene if abuse is suspected. Featuring compelling and engaging content to motivate participants, the program is designed for parents, concerned individuals, and any adult that works with youth. Through Stewards of Children®, over 1,000,000 adults have been trained to protect children from sexual abuse.
These sessions are primarily for Parents of victims or survivors of abuse.
The REGISTER NOW button will appear when session dates and times have been confirmed. (please continue checking back or subscribe to our email list for updates)
This session is strictly for licensed professionals seeking to gain CEU credits.
The BOOK NOW button will appear when classes dates and times have been confirmed. (please continue checking back or subscribe to our email list for updates)
Participants must complete Stewards of Children prior to taking the course.
This is a 90 minute training where educators will learn to recognize other forms of child abuse and neglect, and how to respond as a mandated reporter.
Teaching definitions and indicators of sexual abuse, physical abuse, emotional abuse, and neglect, this training also teaches you about the legal obligations as a mandated reporter defined by your state. This training is intended for educators but broad enough for parents, caregivers, faith center staff, & youth serving organizations.
Parents will learn a variety of techniques needed to care for their children such as proper car seat installation, positive discipline, problem solving, establishing chores, etc.
A 30-minute training where you will hear compelling stories from experts and survivors about being an active bystander.
You will also:
• receive some guidelines for healthy touch at home and in youth serving settings.
• learn how to balance children’s needs for warmth and affection with safe, respectful ways of interacting.
• learn about healthy sexual development in children so we can identify normal and abnormal touching behaviors.
A 30-minute training where you will hear compelling stories from experts and survivors about how talking to kids can help prevent sexual abuse.
You will also:
• learn why relationships and resilience are the building blocks of safety for children.
• receive examples of how to talk about personal safety with children of all ages.
• learn how to use everyday opportunities to talk with children about sexual abuse.
Building on the education provided in Stewards of Children®, Darkness to Light’s evidence-based training. this 2-hour training will teach you how to respond
• learn what child exploitation is and what circumstances make children vulnerable.
• learn about the root causes of commercial sexual exploitation directly from survivors.
• understand how preventing child sexual abuse reduces the risk for children being commercially sexually exploited.
• hear about actions adults can take to prevent child exploitation.
Parent Training: Parents will learn a variety of techniques needed to care for their children such as proper car seat installation, positive discipline, problem solving, establishing chores, etc.